My friend Holly who is always so quick to share her best photo links with me, sent me this one the other day. This post about Bill, struck me!! Deeply.
Go read her page and come back to me. I'll wait for you....
* * *
So anyway, all of this got me thinking about Help Portrait. Dont know what Help Portrait is?? Then please watch this...
So here's what I'm going to do. I am very interested in taking YOUR picture and getting to know YOU better. I want to give you a 1 to 2 hour photo session. 10 high res images on disc, (1) 8x10 and (2) 5x7's of your favorite images printed at a professional lab and delivered to your home via USPS.
1. You have to really want to have your picture taken. Luke warm desire will not do.
2. You have to be willing to work for a good picture. As Cheryl Jacobs put it...A portrait session is a beautiful dance between photographer and subject; if either doesn’t participate, it’s just a recital.
3. You have to be in a position where this service will be a blessing for you. For example, If you are rolling in the dough and just want to get something for free, I'm not your gal. If you are like most of us and are pressed for cash and would love to have professional photos done but cant afford to pay for them, then maybe I am your gal. :)
4. You have to be able to get to me. I am in Utah County. If you're out of state and are not planning a trip out here then I'm sorry.
5. Tell me why I should choose you. If you want photos done for you then tell me why! If you want to, you could enter for someone else who you think would be a good candidate.
6. I will accept your entries until Sunday night at midnight.
It's that simple. Please participate.
My goal is to: 1. make something really beautiful and meaningful for you to treasure. 2. make a friend. 3. to be inspired.
By the way, because of the time of year we will not be scheduling this photo session until after the new year. I will be in touch with the winner and we will set up something that works for us both. :)
Instead of being a responsible mother and helping my kids get ready for school this morning, I chose to surf the internet. (So the kids didn't eat breakfast today, it's not like their going to starve!!! Yeah, their tummies may growl a bit but maybe this way they will actually eat lunch!)