My friend Holly who is always so quick to share her best photo links with me, sent me this one the other day. This post about Bill, struck me!! Deeply.
Go read her page and come back to me. I'll wait for you....
* * *
So anyway, all of this got me thinking about Help Portrait. Dont know what Help Portrait is?? Then please watch this...
So here's what I'm going to do. I am very interested in taking YOUR picture and getting to know YOU better. I want to give you a 1 to 2 hour photo session. 10 high res images on disc, (1) 8x10 and (2) 5x7's of your favorite images printed at a professional lab and delivered to your home via USPS.
1. You have to really want to have your picture taken. Luke warm desire will not do.
2. You have to be willing to work for a good picture. As Cheryl Jacobs put it...A portrait session is a beautiful dance between photographer and subject; if either doesn’t participate, it’s just a recital.
3. You have to be in a position where this service will be a blessing for you. For example, If you are rolling in the dough and just want to get something for free, I'm not your gal. If you are like most of us and are pressed for cash and would love to have professional photos done but cant afford to pay for them, then maybe I am your gal. :)
4. You have to be able to get to me. I am in Utah County. If you're out of state and are not planning a trip out here then I'm sorry.
5. Tell me why I should choose you. If you want photos done for you then tell me why! If you want to, you could enter for someone else who you think would be a good candidate.
6. I will accept your entries until Sunday night at midnight.
It's that simple. Please participate.
My goal is to: 1. make something really beautiful and meaningful for you to treasure. 2. make a friend. 3. to be inspired.
By the way, because of the time of year we will not be scheduling this photo session until after the new year. I will be in touch with the winner and we will set up something that works for us both. :)
The shot of Bill great -- I'm intrigued to know the story behind every wrinkle.
So, I know we're already (good) friends, but.....I'd like to enter myself in this anyway.
I would love maternity shots of myself. I've never done a maternity shoot. And you know what this little girl means to me -- how I've longed for her. I would love LOVE to have tangible memories from the time she was in my womb. I'm willing to "expose" myself, even. Stretch marks and all. Because I'm loving being pregnant this time. Every kick in the ribs or hips or episode of heartburn reminds me that I'm blessed enough to carry a child, and so thankful for this life that grows inside of me. If I could pay you for a session, I would. Maybe I should've planned my Christmas money a little differently and allotted cash for it, but (of course) others took precedence. Another part of the "mommy" thing.
I would like to nominate my friend Dani for a photo shoot. She will be having her 2nd child any day now, and I know they would love to have an updated family portrait or maybe just a photo of her and her new baby girl. She is a stay at home mom and her husband is a student at BYU, so money is tight. I admire her attitude when it comes to being a mom and her parenting style. We have been friends since we were 12, and it has been fun watching her grow into such a loving wife and mother.
I've been following your blog since you did a shoot for Ashley Thalman. I have really enjoyed your work. I am a new photographer myself, but the last time I had pictures taken of me and my family was 1 1/2 ago. I have 3 children a 5yr old, a 3yr old, and an 18mo. old. My husband graduated from BYU this last April. We expected to be long gone from Utah by now, out on wild adventures, But he hasn't been able to find a job. So for the past 9 1/2 months I have been working for our family at Deseret Book and doing some of my own photography as well. I'd love to have you take pictures of my family. Thanks