Peace and Pandemonium

Friday, November 7, 2008

 

Affirmations

I have felt totally scattered lately. I have so much to do all the time yet I never seem to get anything accomplished. I hate that! I have been thinking about how I can prevent this from happening in the future. I feel like I need to get my priorities straight so that my time can be spent on the most important things first. How can I do this when I feel so out of sorts?

Affirmations!!

I have been finding index cards scattered all over my floors the past couple of days. My kids must have gotten into the box I normally keep them in because I have been picking index cards up off the floor left and right. The wonderful thing I have found is that these are not blank cards. I like to write affirmations on these cards and then flip through them once or twice a day, reading them, saying them out loud. Absorbing what they really mean. Since they have been put away for so long I haven't even given affirmations a second thought until lately when I have found myself gathering them up from all corners of my house. It's the first time in a long time that I haven't been upset at my kids for making a mess. There is quite a bit of information that I have been needing to hear for a while!! I thought I'd share some of them here with you so that if you are in need of a little positive self talk, you can get an idea of some good things to affirm. These are very personal but also generic. I complied these affirmations from different books and sources of information. I tailored them to fit my personal needs and goals. Feel free to use them for yourself and change them to suit your needs best. The first is my favorite because not only is it a great starting place for evoking action and results, but it is also scripture and most of you cant argue with that!


Thou shalt decree a thing and it shall be established unto thee and light shall shine upon thy ways. Job 22:28


My words are charged with prospering power.


Let there be peace within my walls and prosperity within my palaces.


I am an irresistible magnet. I have the power to create whatever I wish. I begin choosing and mentally accepting the highest and best in life. I now choose and accept health, success, happiness, and lavish abundance.


I have faith that all that is mine by divine right now comes to me in rich abundance. There is no delay! That which is not for my highest good now fades from me and I no longer desire it.


I am now activated by divine love and guided by divine power into my right work, which I perform in a perfect way for perfect pay. The divine plan of my life now takes shape in definite concrete experiences, leading to perfect health, happiness, success, and prosperity.


Divine order is now established and maintained. Harmony reigns supreme. Peace, be still.



I have so many more and I plan on writing some new ones too. Affirmations are so powerful! I am excited to evoke this power in my life again. I need it!!


Photo credit to Ashley Thalman

Comments:
Those are really wonderful! You are such a deep-thinking person. I love the picture too. I need to try that restaurant out . . . that is where the photo was taken, right?
 
How did you know I needed to read this post today?!? I really think you were writing that explicitly for me.
I love the idea of writing down affirmations and reading them out loud. That is brilliant!!!

jessica
www.momshots.com
 
Hmm.....very interesting indeed how we end up on the same page sometimes.

I love these affirmations. I've never applied that term to my positive self-talk. I like it. My affirmations tend to be shorter, and often come from songs. =D But something I used to do is write all kinds of great quotes on notecards and place them where I see them frequently: bathroom mirror, kitchen sink, computer screen.

Just a thought. xoxo
 
beautiful!, thank you for posting for all to take in!
 
You need a separate photography blog for all of your beautiful creations.
 
I don't even know you but can I say I LOVE you. Ha ha ha. You're just so sweet and you have such a beautiful soul. I wish that you lived closer so that you were someone I could spend time with. Anyone who does is certainly lucky because I think you add quality to anyone's life you're in. Beautiful affirmations!!!!!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

December 2007   January 2008   February 2008   March 2008   April 2008   May 2008   June 2008   July 2008   August 2008   September 2008   October 2008   November 2008   December 2008   January 2009   February 2009   March 2009   April 2009   May 2009   June 2009   July 2009   August 2009   September 2009   October 2009   November 2009   December 2009   January 2010   February 2010   March 2010   April 2010   May 2010   June 2010   July 2010   August 2010   September 2010   October 2010   November 2010   December 2010   January 2011   February 2011   March 2011   April 2011   May 2011   June 2011   July 2011   August 2011   September 2011   October 2011   November 2011   December 2011   January 2012   February 2012  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]