Peace and Pandemonium

Friday, October 10, 2008

 

Three Decades Later

Today is my 30th birthday and I'm going to gush about my family. : ) It's been so strange turning thirty. I know it's just a number and I don't feel old at all, but I remember when my parents were thirty and I thought they were ancient! They weren't. Time is relative, the more it changes the more it stays the same, but in truth, a lot has happened in 30 years. Here's a hint...

I've been given everything I've ever asked for!

4 years old


I found the LOVE of my life


Isaiah didn't wait long before joining the party.


Matias followed close behind, kicking and screaming of course.


And there were tears of joy when Sophia came into our lives.



My life is absolutely beautiful because I am so richly blessed. There are many challenges too but my husband and my children make me whole. More than anything in the world, I love being a mother. I adore my children, I treasure them. They hold the keys to my heart and soul. I love watching them grow and standing witness as they become the incredible people they are. I remember when I was their age. Faint memories of a blessed childhood.

And then there is Steven. I have never known a more supportive, loving, generous man. How lucky I am to have crossed paths with him, to have fallen in love and to have been given the gift and opportunity to create our most precious life together, everyday. I know we are meant to be together. Words could never describe how deep this love goes, but I feel it, everyday!

Apparently a pivotal birthday makes me all mushy but I needed to express in words, to the people I love the most, how I feel about them. I am who I am because of these four amazing people.

I also feel deeply appreciative to all of you. My friends. Thanks for reading this blog. Thanks for having an interest in me. I am so influenced by all of you. Seriously, I am so blessed!!! Who needs presents when you've got awesome friends and family?!

Ok, I might! : ) (just kidding Steven.)


Thank you Leah for the beautiful picture of me. I love it!

Comments:
Happy Birthday!! I am so happy for you that you have been so blessed in your life. Mike and I are so excited to come out to Utah to help celebrate your birthday. We may be two weeks late but we will party to celebrate this great milestone in your life.
 
Happy Birthday! I feel so grateful that our friendship has been renewed after so many years and I know this time it will be forever. You deserve all those blessings and lots of presents on top of it all!
 
Oh Kiera. You made me cry with this one. This is so beautiful and you are SO beautiful, outside & in!!! Such a wonderful spirit you have. I am happy for you that you so LOVE your life.

These pics are just gorgeous. I have been thinking about what you said that we create this life. You are, as always, inspiring!!! Enjoy your special day, celebrate yourself!!!!!!!
 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!! I am so grateful for you and your friendship! You have helped me out immensely, more than you know. I hope you have the best day-and year!!
 
Happy Birthday! Kiera, you are a great friends and I feel so richly blessed to know you. I hope that this birthday is the best one yet!!
 
Oooh, I love that last picture, too. And I can totally see you at four in Matias and Sophia.

I hope you have a WONDERFUL day!! You deserve it. I love that you can so easily see your blessings and are content with your life, while always striving to become better. The only thing times changes is perspective. You will continue to grow and become more beautiful as the years pass. Saw a quote today and thought of you:

"My after forty (thirty) face felt far more comfortable than anything I lived with previously.

Self-confidence was a power beauty -potion; I looked better because I felt better.

Failure and grief as well as success and love had served me well. Finally, I was tapping into that most hard-won of youth dews: wisdom.

Nancy Collins

Isn't that perfect? I simply love having you as a friend. Can't wait to see you!!
 
Happy Birthday! Can I say that I think your family is perfect? I want to have 2 boys & then an adorable girl just like you. :)
 
Happy Birthday friend! I love that picture of you! We need to get together soon. . . might be too late to do the riding pic. thing, guess we'll cross our fingers on that one, but let's do something.
 
Happy Birthday Kiera!! You're a wonderful FRIEND, I couldn't think of a nicer person that I'd like to friends with!! Have a good one!!
 
Happy Happy Birthday Kiera Dear! I love your four year old picture. Sofia looks just like you. What a lucky girl! I hope you have an amazing day!
 
Oh Kiera Eve, happy birthday! So glad to you have your friendship as a present every day. Live it up tonight!
 
Oh Kiera Eve, happy birthday! So glad to you have your friendship as a present every day. Live it up tonight!
 
Happy Birthday girl! I love this post and especially the two pictures of you! you are a gem!!
 
Happy Birthday. I think you are the BEST!
 
Happy Birthday! I hope it was a day filled with family, friends, surprizes, and cake!!! We'll have to get together next week and celebrate over lunch! Love ya!
 
Happy Birthday Kiera! The Other Haddock Family loves you too!! Thanks for all the support you have given me through the trial of losing little Evan. He is smiling down on you.
 
Happy Birthday! Yes, I still think of my parents as thirty, even though its my age too. Love the vintage pic of you, you look a lot like your daughter.

By the way, "I heart your blog". See my blog for details.
 
oh yes...and that last pic of you is beautiful!
 
What a lovely post. I can feel the love you have for your family. And the photos are lovely, too.
 
Happy belated birthday. I've been in my little bubble...
I'm making my blog private. I need you to email me so I can re-invite you to read. cami.jensen1980@gmail.com I've had a few weirdos visit.
 
i love that you love being 30! that photo of you is splendid!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

December 2007   January 2008   February 2008   March 2008   April 2008   May 2008   June 2008   July 2008   August 2008   September 2008   October 2008   November 2008   December 2008   January 2009   February 2009   March 2009   April 2009   May 2009   June 2009   July 2009   August 2009   September 2009   October 2009   November 2009   December 2009   January 2010   February 2010   March 2010   April 2010   May 2010   June 2010   July 2010   August 2010   September 2010   October 2010   November 2010   December 2010   January 2011   February 2011   March 2011   April 2011   May 2011   June 2011   July 2011   August 2011   September 2011   October 2011   November 2011   December 2011   January 2012   February 2012  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]