My five favorite things about Florida...
1. Spanish moss. Hands down, the best moss ever.
2. The daily thunder storms with the added bonus of warm
torrential down pours. You can count on it, every afternoon in the summer, like clockwork.
3. The warm and gentle Atlantic ocean with gorgeous white sand beaches.
4. The decibel of nocturnal activity. Don't those creatures know we're trying to sleep here???
5. Dense forests and lush, thick greenery. The Cypress trees and their knees
are my personal favorite. Natural springs bubble up all over the state. The landscape is just incredibly beautiful.
My five least favorite things about Florida...
1. Grass that looks and feels like little green sticks. It's not grass and you can't convince me otherwise.
2. How I feel like I need a cold shower all day starting immediately after I get out of a cold shower.
3. The way my hair doubles in size. Literally. I'm not exaggerating. I feel like I'm carrying around a bouffant on top of my head straight out the the 50's. The culprit being of course, the humidity.
4. Being called Ma'am. Not my favorite, even if it is considered polite.
5. Saying goodbye.
We had such a great time during our 9 glorious days of vacation. I really didn't want to leave. None of us did. We would have liked to stay indefinitely...maybe someday...
Even with that in mind, we are so happy to be home. I have hundreds of pictures to go through so I'll be posting pictures from this trip for weeks to come. I have lots of stories to share and thoughts to express. Give me some time, I'll pull it all together.