Peace and Pandemonium

Monday, January 28, 2008

 

A Reunion to Remember...
...and its not even over yet!

This weekend my brother Michael and his wife Candice came into town from Kentucky. My Dad, his wife Terrisa, and my youngest brother Christian drove down from Boise and the plan was to spend the whole weekend skiing, partying, making memories and just having a great time together as a family. It hasn't been anything like I expected it would be and that's exactly what I should have expected. We started things off by going to dinner at Macaroni Grill. It was a busy Friday night and we ended up waiting for a table for about an hour. While we waited, we photographed...(I love the way these turned out!)






Unbeknownst to me, my sister Tavia had been in a snowboarding accident on Tuesday afternoon. Apparently, she fell forward onto her knees and then her board flipped up behind her and hit her on her head and across her back. For three days she suffered. She was sore and not feeling well at dinner but it wasn't until Saturday morning when she woke up with the chills, a fever, and overwhelming nausea that she realized there was something more serious going on. My mom took her to the emergency room that afternoon and after a thorough evaluation, including a cat scan, the doctors discovered that she had lacerated her kidney and needed to be admitted to the hospital due to the fact that she had large amount of bacteria in her body.




We spent most of this morning and early afternoon at the hospital visiting Tay. She doesn't handle being sick very well and she was having anxiety about being in the there by herself so we all just stayed in her room with her until our replacements came. It was a good thing Uncle Mike and Auntie Candy were there to entertain the little kids!




We had planned a big family dinner at my house for Sunday night but with Tavia unable to attend all of our plans had to be reworked. Believe me, the story doesn't end here. Stay tuned...

Comments:
Oh, wow--that's so scary! Snowboarding can be perilous...
 
Poor Tavia! I hat hospitals so I can understand the anxiety. Isn't great to have family to depend on? I hope she feels better soon.

I also have to say that I appreciated the breakfast disaster post. This last week I have been feeling like my house is closing in on me, messes are being made faster than I can clean.
 
I meant to say I "hate" hospitals, not I hat them, that doesn't make sense unless it was an enormous hat. I also meant to say isn't IT great.
 
hey! do you remember me at all? I think we were both at Elisha's baby shower for the unborn Brooklyn. And then we didn't really get to know each other in the 1 year I lived in P1- but, I always noticed how cute your boys were and how stylish you and your husband were- and now I have totally spyed on your blog- you take great pics- anyhoo- fun to see you online (and such a cute toddler girl!)- marianne gary
 
It really has been a very interesting trip. I am glad that Tavia is out of the hospital and able to play with us.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

December 2007   January 2008   February 2008   March 2008   April 2008   May 2008   June 2008   July 2008   August 2008   September 2008   October 2008   November 2008   December 2008   January 2009   February 2009   March 2009   April 2009   May 2009   June 2009   July 2009   August 2009   September 2009   October 2009   November 2009   December 2009   January 2010   February 2010   March 2010   April 2010   May 2010   June 2010   July 2010   August 2010   September 2010   October 2010   November 2010   December 2010   January 2011   February 2011   March 2011   April 2011   May 2011   June 2011   July 2011   August 2011   September 2011   October 2011   November 2011   December 2011   January 2012   February 2012  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]