Peace and Pandemonium

Thursday, January 24, 2008

 

A Breakfast Fiasco

Well, I managed to accidentally delete the blog I posted earlier today. Bummer, I'm still figuring out blogger. Apparently delete is permanent, there is no going back. I'll remember that in the future.

I don't want to try to rewrite it because I tried to be clever and make the situation comical but in all honesty it was a bit of a drag. Basically, I was trying to laugh about an unfortunate incident that is a reoccurring part of my daily life. That of living with children who are extremely good at making messes. I don't want to put the wrong image out there, I clean all the time but my home unfortunately is never clean for long. I don't know how some of you do it. I'd like to know your secrets. After the episode that is pictured below happened, I freaked out and was depressed for a few days after. I honestly feel like a slave so much of the time. Like I am here solely to follow my kids around and clean up after them. I cant live like that but I also cant be happy or calm in a wreck of a house. My home is where I spend most of my time and I feel like my house reflects my inner self. If its orderly and clean I feel empowered, peaceful, and happy. If its messy and cluttered I feel out of control and depressed. Many of you keep spotless homes, please tell me how you do it. I'd really like to know.
This is what my previously clean living room looked like after my kids ate breakfast the other day. This is not typical but an example of how things can get out of hand very quickly. While this was being created upstairs...I was downstairs, cleaning!





I feel like the over-worked, under-paid maid! This is why I call my blog Peace and Pandemonium. Here is a glimpse of the pandemonium.

Comments:
that is SO how I feel! My house cannot stay clean for 10 minutes...really! and I only have two girls! and one of them is only nine months old! I feel like I am bent over the whole day picking things up, you should see Bellas room right now, no, no actually you shouldn't, i just gave up and have let it become a big toy fest, until i can gather myself enough to really go through everything and declutter and organize. I feel the exact same way when my house is dirty or clean as you do! so your not alone!
 
Oh, man...my house is already out of control without kids! I'm scared to see what's going to happen when this one's born...
 
Maybe it's time to start getting the kids involved!! I have a book you can borrow if you want and see if you can use anything from it, it's called W.O.R.K. ( Wonderful Opportunities for raising Responsible Kids by Debbie Bowen -- she's a presenter, or at least has been in the past, at Education Week at BYU. She has 10 children as of the publication of this book. I've been trying to use some of the things from it. Let me know.
 
Oh my goodness. yea, my kids would definitely be down on their hands and knees with that one. I'm pretty mean about that stuff though, if one of the kids wets their bed they have to strip the bed, put the stuff in the wash, switch it to the dryer and then make the bed back up. They realize how much work it is and they remember to go to the bathroom before bed! I know, I am totally harsh.
 
K~
We all go through moments like these. Just remember you are a great mom and have wonderful kids! I can vouch for this one! Your children know that you love them, you worry about them and your house isn't nearly as bad as you think it is. The important thing is that you can feel the love in your home. And I feel it in yours!
I LOVE YOU LADY. Chin up.
Leash
 
Have to share my two favorite thoughts on your keeping neat dilema: 1. Cleaning up after kids is like shoveling the walks in a snowstorm. . .no one else can tell you've done a thing, but at least you got a bit of workout in the process! 2. An elderly woman I admired GREATLY for how put-together, gracious, and elegant she always seemed, once told me how much she missed having her children small- mainly for the reason that if someone came over unexpectedly to find her house messy, she could always say, "please excuse the mess,we've been having too much fun to clean up yet!". Glad to know I'm not the only one, by the way!
 
Looks about right
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

December 2007   January 2008   February 2008   March 2008   April 2008   May 2008   June 2008   July 2008   August 2008   September 2008   October 2008   November 2008   December 2008   January 2009   February 2009   March 2009   April 2009   May 2009   June 2009   July 2009   August 2009   September 2009   October 2009   November 2009   December 2009   January 2010   February 2010   March 2010   April 2010   May 2010   June 2010   July 2010   August 2010   September 2010   October 2010   November 2010   December 2010   January 2011   February 2011   March 2011   April 2011   May 2011   June 2011   July 2011   August 2011   September 2011   October 2011   November 2011   December 2011   January 2012   February 2012  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]